Thursday, October 10, 2013

Curried Chicken Salad

Tonight  I had to dig through the fridge and figure out something quick and easy to make for Owen and I for dinner.  Kevin is at an ambulance meeting tonight, so it's just me and the little guy.  I realized I had a rotisserie chicken that needed to be broken down and turned into something.  I love buying rotisserie chickens when I go grocery shopping.  They are very versatile and can be made into a lot of different things!  Tonight I used it to make a Curry Chicken Salad.  



Ingredients
3-4 cups cooked, diced chicken (or the meat from one rotisserie chicken)
1 cup chopped pecans ( or any nut you prefer)
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup dried cranberries
OR use one cup grapes, halved, instead of the dried fruit

Dressing 
1 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tsp Dijon mustard
a pinch of garlic salt (I used a pinch of garlic powder and a pinch or salt)
1/2 tsp mango chutney  OR a pinch of cayenne pepper
1 1/2 TBSP  Curry powder


First I stripped the chicken from the bones and took the skin off and diced it up.



Here are the ingredients I used.  With the mango chutney, you can use that or cayenne pepper.  I found the mango chutney in the condiment aisle at the grocery store near the mustards.


Next I mixed up the sauce.  If your sauce turns out too spicy, add a little more Greek yogurt.



Then I chopped up my pecans ( you can use cashews, walnuts, almonds, whatever you prefer) and mixed up all my ingredients. 



Voila! I served it in whole wheat pita pockets.  For my 1 year old, I served it with pita chips and grape tomatoes.  







No comments:

Post a Comment