Friday, October 11, 2013

Herb Crusted Pork Loin, Cheesy Potatoes, and Maple-Ginger Glazed Carrots

Tonight Kevin was home from work at his usual time, so I was able to make a super yummy (and a little more time consuming) dinner!  I made one of our favorites, herb crusted pork loin!  I also tinkered with two new recipes, cheesy potatoes and maple ginger carrots.

I will start with the cheesy potatoes!

Ingredients
28oz bag of frozen potatoes (your pick hashbrowns, cubed)
1 1/2 cups plain greek yogurt
1/2 cup chicken broth (I used my own homemade stock! I will post a recipe soon!)
1/4 cup milk (I used whole milk, it's the only kind we buy for our little guy)
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese

1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp Lawry's seasoning salt
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp kosher salt

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and pour into a 9x13 glass pan.  When using greek yogurt you must use glass, NOT metal.  It will have a weird reaction with metal and your food will taste like crap.  Don't have a glass pan? Go out and spend the ten bucks on one. Seriously, you need one.  I have two pyrex 9x13's that I use all the time.




Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake it for an hour and 10 minutes(this may vary depending on your oven) 

Once the potatoes were in the oven, I started on the pork loin
When I make this I usually just throw my favorite spices on it with some olive oil, but I actually measured them out this time. 

Ingredients
Pork tenderloin (We buy the big pork tenderloins in the bag when they are on sale for $1.99/lb and the hubby cuts it into three evenish sections and vaccum seals it with the foodsaver)
1 tbsp minced garlic
3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp oregano
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp kosher salt

Rinse your tenderloin off first and pat it dry.  I usually use a metal 9x13 pan for my tenderloin.  Mix together the oil and all your spices in a separate bowl, then pour it on the tenderloin (in the pan!).  Massage the oil mixture to coat the tender loin completely and you are ready to go!  Cook it at 350 degrees for about an hour or until your meat thermometer reads at least 145 degrees. 



To round up this meal I made maple ginger glazed carrots. 

Ingredients
8 medium size carrots, peeled and cut into thirds
2 tbsp real maple syrup, not that crap in the woman shaped bottle
1/2 tsp ground ginger

I boiled the carrots in salted water for about 15 minutes, or until they were tender-crisp. Mix the maple syrup and ginger together and pour it over the carrots. Super fast, super easy, and super delish! 



The finished product! Even Owen enjoyed it! He LOVED the carrots. 

1 comment:

  1. This meal sounds super delish! Louis and I don't usually have too much pork (as I don't care for it), but this sounds like one to try!

    ReplyDelete