Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Busy, Busy!


I haven't posted recently because A LOT has been going on!

In April, we had our son's 2nd birthday party! It was a huge success, even though I was deathly sick with bronchitis.  We are so lucky to have such great family and friends who helped get our house cleaned and all the food cooked for 40 people!  I had known for a while that it was going to be themed Sesame Street. We had amazing pulled BBQ pork sandwiches, German potato salad, and lots of fresh fruits and veggies!  























As you can see, we had a great time and I love planning Owen's birthday parties! Our close friends and family members were there to celebrate!

 In May, my husband started the interview process with a company located in Madison and by June 20th, we knew we were moving! So far it has been the biggest move of our lives! We had 5 weeks to pack, organize our Uhaul stuff, find a tenant for our current(now previous) house, and find people to help us!  Shortly after my husband was offered the job, we drove to Madison to look at houses/duplexes/apartments! We signed a lease and out of 69 other applicants, we were chosen for a beautiful 2 story, 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom house! We loved our old house, but this move and job is a very great thing for our family!  We moved to Madison on August 1st and it has been amazing so far!  Kevin started his new job on August 4th and I worked on getting the house in order and getting Owen and Bear situated to our new environment.  So far so good!

We signed a 2 year lease on this baby, so we plan to do some work to really make it feel like ours this time.  Our first step will to paint some of the rooms.  Specifically Owen's room and our foyer/staircase/upstairs hallway.  I'm hoping we will be able to paint the main floor bathroom, if the landlord allows us to take down the wallpaper border.  Our new house is located just 3 short minutes from my brother and sister-in-law's house!  Periodically I will post our before and after pictures of each room in our new house and the corresponding projects with each room.

Now I'll fill you in on a few things I've been up to since we moved! I started pre-making Kevin's lunches and having ready to go stuff in the fridge so he just has to make his sandwich in the morning.  One thing I wanted to try was a veggie dip.  A few months ago, I purchased an amazing little dip packet at a CHD symposium I attended in Milwaukee.  There was an organization selling their handmade products called The Women's Bean Project.  This organization is great! They focus on providing transitional employment for women that are chronically unemployed or impoverished.  Typically these women were victims of domestic abuse and are trying to stand on there own two feet after going through a difficult time.

Check out their website here:  Women's Bean Project

Anyways, if you know anything about me, it's that I love dill.  Okay, not just love, I'd seriously marry it if I could.  I had a packet of their Dillicious Dill Dip mix from the symposium I attended and I decided to whip up a batch (which I ultimately ended up eating almost entirely by myself, um yeah, I have a serious problem).  I just followed the directions on the back, but instead of sour cream, I used 8oz of plain greek yogurt.


Last weekend we traveled up to our friend's cottage and had so much fun! I have no photos of our trip, because we were too busy enjoying the Northwoods!  

That's all I have for now! Keep your eyes peeled this weekend for our first project, The Garage! 


No comments:

Post a Comment