Friday, August 15, 2014

Tuna Pasta Salad

Tuna Noodle Salad

Every now and then Owen and I get sick of leftovers for lunch. Today I tried something different and made enough so Kevin can take some to work for lunches next week!

I whipped out my tuna salad recipe. I made a few changes from what I usually do since we have been trying to eat healthier, more organically, and more clean!  I omitted the gajillion cups of mayo and used a half cup of plain Greek yogurt instead. I did throw in 2 tblsps of mayo to keep a little bit of that mayo-y flavor.  

I had a gigantic bag of fresh peas that my parents brought down when they visited this past week, so I spent a good portion of yesterday afternoon shucking peas for my salad. It took about an hour(and 2.5lbs of peas) to come up with the two cups I needed! Needless to say, Owen found the container and was stuffing his face full last night, so I had to shuck some more today. We love fresh peas from Wilfert's Farm Stand back in our hometown!  



Enough with my rambling. Here's the recipe!

3 Cans of Albacore Tuna ( I prefer to use wild, pole caught tuna, Tuna isn't over-fished this way, and you are guaranteed to get all tuna.)
1 Box Pasta of Choice (I used Fiori)
2 - 3 Cups of Peas (Frozen or Fresh)
2 tbsp Mayo
3/4 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
1 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, and Celery Salt to taste! 

Boil water and cook the pasta until tender.  Drain and add to bowl.
Add tuna and peas.

In a smaller bowl, mix mayo, yogurt, and vinegar together.

Add to big bowl and combine.

Add salt, pepper, garlic, and celery salt and mix!

Enjoy!

Optional Add-ins: diced onion, diced celery, diced water chestnuts






This salad was a huge hit with Owen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment